UniqueDesign Services in Melbourne
Quin Wyatt is based in the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria and provides designing and drafting services for sustainable homes locally and nationally.
BDAV 2018-Building Design Awards
Clipper Quay-Winner Excellence in Use of Recycled Materials
Clipper Quay-Commendation Excellence in Use of Timber
During this difficult time I hope you are all safe and well. I encourage everyone to observe all the recommendations regarding social distancing and cleanliness. From my perspective I will be forging ahead with business as usual;
- I am free to consult on site, maintaining social distancing, or alternatively, remotely via facetime, Gsuite (Gmail) or phone meetings.
- This is a great time to plan ahead for your project while we are in lock down so please feel free to contact me for design consultation and advice, regards Quin
Environmentally friendly sustainable houses,
particularly those with a low carbon footprint, are one of the most popular and necessary home design trends for the future. Quin Wyatt is a Building Designer with a long term special interest in unique environmental homes who offers environmentally friendly passive housing design and provides liaison services with your preferred builder for family homes, beach homes and holiday homes, additions and renovations.
Following in the footsteps of his early mentors Quin developed an early philosophy of harmonious holistic design that respects the environment, and that makes good financial sense. Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Sustainable design seeks to reduce negative impacts on the environment, and the health and comfort of building occupants, thereby improving building performance. The basic objectives of sustainability are to reduce consumption of non-renewable resources, minimize waste, and create healthy, productive environments.
Sustainable design measures:
- Optimized site potential through, balanced building coverage and garden space for indigenous and drought tolerant vegetation planting, to assist in stabilising the affected natural environments and contributing to carbon absorption.
- Minimize non-renewable energy consumption by providing solar electrical power, solar hot water system, rain water collection and similar systems
- Using environmentally preferable products with low or less than zero carbon foot print that requires the minimum upkeep in the harsh Australian climate, such as managed forest timbers , recycled materials, etc.
- Enhance indoor environmental quality through the use of high insulation values in external fabric of the building, passive air control using cross flow design, air convection, solar orientation, passive energy control, and designed shading to help control energy conservation
- Optimize operational and maintenance practices using passive principles.
- Minimise the use of VOC materials and pollutants
Use good design at planning stage and reap the benefits. The added benefit that bears no financial cost is knowing that you have made a significant contribution to the environment while preserving the ecology around you and reducing the carbon footprint. Call Quin now 0418 589 461 or email.
The Services We Provide
- Design consultation
- Ecologically and environmentally friendly home design
- Unique building and home design
- Drafting services-Archicad CAD
- Town Planning drawings
- Working drawings for construction
- Artificial lighting assessment
- Landscape design
- Ongoing support and advice
Discover more detail about our services.
Ecologically and environmentally friendly home design
ecology n - the study of the detrimental effects of modern civilization on the environment, with a view toward prevention or reversal through conservation.
environment n - the combination of external physical conditions that affect and influence the growth, development, and survival of organisms
environmental sustainability n - the maintenance of the factors and practices that contribute to the quality of the environment on a long-term basis.